ARTIBAL participates in the Research Project “Varnish development with antimicrobial, oxygen and water vapour barrier properties and improved physic-mechanical properties, to be used in food industry”, SVARNISH, with the objective to overcome the flexible packaging limitations related with the traditional food plastic materials, competitive costs, chemical and physic-mechanical properties, environmental and sustainable development. The aim is to achieve these figures:
- Decrease in price of food packaging 20% 20%
- Decrease in waste material 10% 10%
- Decrease in time of manufacturing process 50% 50%
- Decrease in energy consumption 50% 50%
- Decrease in food waste 50% 50%
- INCREASE IN RECYCLABILITY 85% 85%
The consortium has been built up in order to ensure the balance and complementarities among partners, and includes the following: AIDO, ARTIBAL, SAMPAS NANO, MATRI, HATZOPOULOS, AROMA, NOFINA and FERRERO INTERNATIONAL.
The project has received funding from the European Union Seventh Framework Programme managed by REA Executive Agency (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement 606446.
For more info, please visit the project website: www.svarnish.eu